TravelNewsAsia.com

Sands China Macau TrailHiker Raises Money for Charity

Travel News Asia Latest Travel News Podcasts Videos Monday, 7 November 2011

With over 1,000 participants in attendance, Sands China Macau TrailHiker 2011 successfully held its fun-filled exercise event for the second year, amongst the scenic trails of Coloane on Saturday.

250 four-person teams joined in the charity run/walk, with cheques for MOP 125,000 going to each of the events beneficiaries the Macau Child Development Association and the Association of Rehabilitation of Drug Abusers of Macau.

Were extremely pleased with this years participation, said Mr. Edward Tracy, President and Chief Executive Officer, Sands China Ltd. We almost doubled our numbers from last year which is wonderful news, since TrailHiker benefits such worthy causes. The partnership between Sands China and Macau Trailhiker has seen great results and synergy. Sands China is committed to sponsor this event again in 2012, and we look forward to yet another year of fantastic outcome and impact.

By 9 am, a few hundred early arrivals were already at the starting (and finishing) point The Venetian Macau and were soon joined by others for a warm-up exercise led by trainers from The Venetian Macau. The 10 am kickoff saw about 70% of the teams launch into the 10 kms Family & Fun Course, with the remaining 30% eager to do their best in the 30 kms Corporate Challenge Course.

Sands China contributed 35 teams to this years event, with participants coming from various departments and properties within the organisation. The company finished first in the Family & Fun Course, with Melco Crown Entertainment Limited and Top Sports following. The Hong Kong Hiking Club took the top spot in the 30 km Corporate Challenge Course, with Sands China and Lufthansa coming in second and third, respectively.

See recent travel news from: Travel News Asia, Sands China, Sands, Macau

Receive our Latest Travel News Daily Email free of charge by entering your email address and name in the boxes to the right and clicking subscribe. By subscribing, you agree with Revue's Terms of Service and Privacy Policy. You can also receive the news by WhatsApp, stay updated with our RSS Feed Travel Industry News by TravelNewsAsia.com, and even Add the Headlines to Your Website free of charge. Have questions? Please read our travel news FAQ.

     
Advertising
Advertising
Copyright © 1997-2021 TravelNewsAsia.com