TravelNewsAsia.com

Carlson to Acquire Majority Stake in Key Indian Partner

Travel News Asia Latest Travel News Podcasts Videos Thursday, 14 January 2010

Carlson Hotels Worldwide has signed an agreement to increase its stake in RHW Hotel Management Services from 13% to 87%. RHW is the hotel management and consultancy services company which has successfully managed Carlson-branded hotels in India since 1998. Carlson is acquiring the shares from Umak Investment Company Private Limited. The remaining 13% is held by private investors. The transaction is subject to government approval.

The acquisition will result in a new integrated organisation for Carlson Hotels in India, encompassing development, projects, operations, marketing and sales. The new organisation will initially have 70 employees with K.B. Kachru, Carlson Hotels executive vice president for South Asia at the leadership helm. There are already over 5,000 employees working at Carlson branded hotels in India.

We are very proud of what we have achieved in India to date. I would like to personally acknowledge the work done by the RHW team and our partners in the country over the last ten years. This acquisition is a natural progression for Carlson as we continue to grow in this key market, said Hubert Joly, president and CEO of Carlson.

This acquisition comes at a time of significant growth for Carlson Hotels in India. The company has plans to add 50 hotels, from the current 28 hotels to 78 by the end of 2012. The new integrated organisation in India will help accelerate the future growth of Carlson Hotels in the country.

The RHW transaction follows a similar move made by Carlson Wagonlit Travel (CWT) in 2008 when it completed the acquisition of 100% of CWT India, which had initially been established as a local joint venture.

See other recent news regarding: Airlines, Airports, Flights, Codeshare, Lounges, First Class, Business Class, MICE, GDS, Rewards, Miles, Hotels, Apartments, Promotions, Spas, New Hotels, Traffic, Visitor Arrivals, Cruises, Free Deals, Videos, Carlson, India, Stake

Subscribe to our Travel Industry News RSS Feed Travel Industry News RSS Feed from TravelNewsAsia.com. To do that in Outlook, right-click the RSS Feeds folder, select Add a New RSS Feed, enter the URL of our RSS Feed which is: https://www.travelnewsasia.com/travelnews.xml and click Add. The feed can also be used to add the headlines to your website or channel via a customisable applet. Have questions? Please read our Travel News FAQ. Thank you.

     
Advertising
Advertising
Copyright © 1997-2024 TravelNewsAsia.com