Travel Industry News at TravelNewsAsia.com since 1997. Interviews, podcasts, videos, pictures and more

 

Carlson Wagonlit Travel appoints Douglas Anderson as President and CEO

Travel News Asia Latest Travel News Monday, 7 April 2008

Carlson Wagonlit Travel has appointed Douglas Anderson as president and chief executive officer. Mr. Anderson, who joined the company as executive vice president and chief financial officer one year ago, succeeds Hubert Joly, who became president and chief executive officer of Carlson, the majority shareholder of CWT, on March 1 of this year.

Mr. Anderson is a U.S. citizen with extensive international experience. He has worked in the Asia Pacific region and Europe for 18 of the last 20 years. Mr. Anderson spent 25 years at UPS, based in the United States, Hong Kong, London and Brussels, and in his most recent position was senior vice president, Finance, and chief financial officer, UPS Logistics Group. He also worked in Geneva for the SITA Group, an IT and telecommunications service provider for the air transport industry, as senior vice president and chief financial officer. He holds a Bachelor of Science degree in business administration from the University of Nebraska.

Mr. Anderson, age 53, will be based in Paris and report to the CWT board of directors. The board is composed of members from Carlson, owner of 55% of CWT, and One Equity Partners (OEP), owner of the remaining 45%. Mr. Joly will become the chairman of the CWT board. Carlson is a global leader in the hotel, restaurant, travel, and marketing industries, with such well-known brands as Regent Hotels & Resorts, Radisson Hotels, T.G.I. Fridays and Carlson Marketing. OEP is a private equity affiliate of JPMorgan Chase & Co.

Commenting on Mr. Andersons appointment, Marilyn Carlson Nelson, chairman of Carlson and outgoing chair of the CWT board, said, The CWT board of directors conducted an extensive, three-month search that included internal and external candidates alike. Doug surpassed all others with his proven leadership skills and first-hand knowledge of Carlson Wagonlit Travel. His ability to work across borders is another great asset that will enable CWT to build upon its global leadership.

Mr. Joly added, Having worked with Doug for the last year, I am convinced he is the right person to take Carlson Wagonlit Travel to the next level of excellence. His immediate grasp and concrete understanding of the opportunities for CWT played a significant role in the development of our three-year plan CWT 2010. Dougs leadership, coupled with the talents of the CWT executive team, will be of great benefit to the clients, employees and shareholders of CWT as this company enters the next phase of its development.

Under the leadership of Mr. Anderson, Carlson Wagonlit Travel will continue to implement CWT 2010, the companys three-year strategic development plan, which is focused on seven key priorities:

- Continue the companys organic growth in all client segments and regions of the world
- Accelerate the growth of its hotel business
- Further develop its Meetings & Events activities
- Increase the efficiency and global consistency of its Traveler & Transaction Services
- Continue to enrich its Program Optimization offering
- Further develop services for suppliers
- Pursue its targeted acquisitions strategy

See other recent news regarding: Travel News Asia, Carlson, Carlson Wagonlit Travel, President, Paris

Subscribe to our Travel Industry News RSS Feed Travel Industry News RSS Feed from TravelNewsAsia.com. To do that in Outlook, right-click the RSS Feeds folder, select Add a New RSS Feed, enter the URL of our RSS Feed which is: https://www.travelnewsasia.com/travelnews.xml and click Add. The feed can also be used to add the headlines to your website or channel via a customisable applet. Have questions? Please read our Travel News FAQ. Thank you.

     

Advertising
Advertising

 
Copyright © 1997-2022 TravelNewsAsia.com