ASIA Travel Tips.com

New Ownership Structure for Jetstar Asia and Valuair

Search ASIA Travel Tips .com Latest Travel News Send to Friend Thursday, 2 April 2009

An agreement has been met regarding a new ownership and shareholder structure for Singapore based low cost airlines Jetstar Asia and Valuair.

Jetstar Asia and Valuair will more closely align operations with the Qantas Group’s Australian based low fares subsidiary Jetstar, after Singapore company Westbrook Investments and the Qantas Group, reached an agreement to acquire all shares in Orangestar Investment Holdings from the previous ownership holding structure.

When the transaction is completed, Westbrook, wholly owned by Mr Choo Teck Wong (Mr Dennis Choo), will have a 51% shareholding in Newstar and Qantas will have the remaining 49% in the holding company.

A new holding company - Newstar Investment Holdings - will see Westbrook’s investment maintain majority Singapore ownership and Mr Choo as Chairman.

Ms Chong Phit-Lian will continue to lead the organisation as Chief Executive Officer.

Jetstar Asia and Valuair CEO Ms Chong Phit-Lian said the benefits would be extensive but would not impact the airline’s operating flight schedule with no changes for employees.

“Jetstar Asia and Valuair remain open for business with no changes for our customers and this relationship will bring new growth opportunities and help us deliver every day low fares to them,” Ms Chong Phit-Lian said.

“Our organisation including a 280 strong workforce will derive many benefits through this closer coordination that will bring more opportunities and where our people’s expertise and strategic basing in Singapore can drive our ambitious pan Asian growth plans.”

See other recent news regarding: Airlines, Aviation, Flights, First Class, Business Class, Hotels, Promotions, New Hotels, Visitor Arrivals, Cruises, Free Deals, Jetstar Asia, Valuair, Qantas, Singapore


Subscribe to our Latest Travel News Daily Email Free of Charge by simply entering your email address above, or return to the Latest Travel News Asia main page to see all the latest headlines. You can also s
tay updated with our RSS Feed Free Travel News RSS Feed and even add the travel news to your website. Have questions? Please read our travel news FAQ.
     
Exclusive HD video interview with Wouter Banning, General Manager of The Orchard Wellness and Medical Resort in Melaka, Malaysia. Exclusive HD video interview with Ye Myat Min (Reggie), Commercial Director of Asian Wings Airways, a full service Myanmar-based airline Exclusive HD video interview with Art P. Boncato JR., Assistant Secretary of Tourism Regulation, Coordination and Resource Generation (TRCRG) at the Department of Tourism of Philippines
Wellness Resort, Melaka Asian Wings Airways Philippines Tourism
Exclusive HD video interview with Gilles Flores, General Manager of the Ngapali Bay Villas and Spa in Myanmar. Exclusive HD video interview with Ms. Myat Myat Tun, Deputy Director (Reservation/Ticketing & Interline) Commercial of Air Bagan in Myanmar ATR Demonstrates 72-600 Flight Simulator During Singapore Airshow 2014
Ngapali Bay Villas Air Bagan (Myanmar) ATR Simulator
This exclusive HD video interview with Mr. Vincent Hoogewijs, Regional Vice President and General Manager of the Four Seasons Hotel Bangkok, took place on 2 May 2014 Anantara Bangkok Riverside - Exclusive HD Video Interview with GM, Nikolaus Priesnitz An exclusive HD video interview about the elegant Airbus A350 XWB with David Velupillai, Marketing Director for Airbus Corporate Jets at Singapore Airshow 2014
Four Seasons Bangkok Anantara Riverside BKK Airbus A350
Inside Qatar Airways Boeing 787-8 Dreamliner - HD Video It takes 800 workers between 65 and 80 days to assemble, install, test, paint, furnish and deliver an Emirates Airbus A380. Showers, Bars, Lounge - The Emirates Airbus A380 Has Them All - HD Video Tour Thai Airways International Takes Delivery of Brand New Boeing 777-300ER
Qatar Airways B787 Emirates A380 Thai Airways B777-300ER
Latest Travel News
Advertising
Advertising
Contact Details | Privacy | About Us | ASIA Travel Tips.com © Copyright 1997 - 2015 - ASIA Travel Tips.com - All rights reserved