ASIA Travel Tips.com

Hong Kong Disneyland’s Expansion Plans Approved

Search ASIA Travel Tips .com Latest Travel News Send to Friend Thursday, 16 July 2009

Hong Kong Disneyland has warmly welcomed the Legislative Council’s approval of the financial arrangement relating to its expansion plans.

Three new themed areas will be added to Hong Kong Disneyland bringing the total number of attractions, entertainment, and interactive experiences at the resort to over 100 by 2014. These areas are Grizzly Trail, Mystic Point and Toy Story Land.

 Aliana Ho, Vice President, Sales and Travel Trade Marketing said, “I believe the additional number and variety of attractions will broaden the park’s appeal to different market segments, especially young adults, and lengthen their stay in Hong Kong. The three new themed areas will also provide some unique venues for corporate events – there will be nothing like it in Hong Kong.”

The new offerings are expected to open in phases over a five year period. Work is expected to commence later this year, spurring the local Hong Kong economy by creating more than 3,700 jobs in Hong Kong from 2009 to 2014, including 850 expected within the first year of construction.

 After the completion of the expansion, the project will continue to serve as a major economic driver with Hong Kong Disneyland adding approximately 600 new positions, and bringing the total number of Cast Members to more than 5,500.

 Two of the three new themed areas, Grizzly Trail and Mystic Point, will be exclusive to Hong Kong Disneyland for the first five years after their respective openings.

 The third, Toy Story Land, will be exclusive within Asia for the first five years after opening.

  Ms Ho was quick to stress that the park would not need to close, nor would there be any disruption for visitors. “The construction of the new expansion areas will have no negative impact upon our regular theme park operations. These new areas will be created in largely unused sections of the park, so we expect no disruptions during our build-out,” Ms Ho said.

Under the approved plan and current business projections, The Walt Disney Company will contribute approximately HK$6.25 billion in new capital and debt conversion and the Hong Kong Government will convert a like amount in debt principal and interest. The Hong Kong Government will retain the majority ownership of 52% in the joint venture and The Walt Disney Company will own the other 48%.

See other recent news regarding: Airlines, Aviation, Flights, First Class, Business Class, GDS, Miles, Hotels, Promotions, New Hotels, Visitor Arrivals, Cruises, Free Deals, Disneyland, Hong Kong


Subscribe to our Latest Travel News Daily Email Free of Charge by simply entering your email address above, or return to the Latest Travel News Asia main page to see all the latest headlines. You can also s
tay updated with our RSS Feed Free Travel News RSS Feed and even add the travel news to your website. Have questions? Please read our travel news FAQ.
     
HD video of a Deluxe Room, Regency Club Room and a Suite at the Hyatt Regency Hua Hin and The Barai in Thailand ThaiVietjet - Exclusive Interview with Dr. Nguyen Thanh Hung, Chairman - HD This exclusive HD video interview with Mr. Vincent Hoogewijs, Regional Vice President and General Manager of the Four Seasons Hotel Bangkok, took place on 2 May 2014
Hyatt Regency Hua Hin ThaiVietjet Chairman Four Seasons Bangkok
Making a Difference: Hansar Hotels and Resorts' CSR Initiatives - Interview with CEO HD video tour of a Sea View and a Sea View XL Room at the luxurious Hansar Samui in Thailand ATR Demonstrates 72-600 Flight Simulator During Singapore Airshow 2014
Hotel CSR Hansar Samui ATR Simulator
Anantara Bangkok Riverside - Exclusive HD Video Interview with GM, Nikolaus Priesnitz GECAS to Lease 10 New Boeing Aircraft to Myanma Airways An exclusive HD video interview about the elegant Airbus A350 XWB with David Velupillai, Marketing Director for Airbus Corporate Jets at Singapore Airshow 2014
Anantara Riverside Myanma Airways Airbus A350
Inside Qatar Airways Boeing 787-8 Dreamliner - HD Video It takes 800 workers between 65 and 80 days to assemble, install, test, paint, furnish and deliver an Emirates Airbus A380. Showers, Bars, Lounge - The Emirates Airbus A380 Has Them All - HD Video Tour Thai Airways International Takes Delivery of Brand New Boeing 777-300ER
Qatar Airways B787 Emirates A380 Thai Airways B777-300ER
Latest Travel News
Advertising
Advertising
Contact Details | Privacy | About Us | ASIA Travel Tips.com © Copyright 1997 - 2014 - ASIA Travel Tips.com - All rights reserved