month, Marriott International is launching a new foreign currency travel agency commission payment program.
Effective July 11, 2008, the program should make it easier for Marriott’s
travel agency partners around the world to be paid commission. Benefits of this new initiative include:
• Faster commission payments
• Commission direct deposit in 22 countries
• Online access to commission statements
• Reduced fees for paperless payments and statements
• Reduced currency conversion fee from US$4 to US$3.
Marriott International’s continued commitment to the travel agent community is demonstrated through a number of longstanding programs and
services. These well known programs include:
- Marriott’s Double Commission Guarantee -- guarantees commission payments will be sent within 15 business days of guest’s departure or
Marriott will double the commission.
- Travel Agent Website on Marriott.com designed specifically for travel agents and offers services including commissionable bookings and future
rate searches, Hotel Excellence!, GDS information, Fam-Tastic rates and Marriott International brand profiles.
- Single Image Inventory ensuring that travel agents have the most accurate Marriott rates and availability information possible by providing a
best rate guarantee through all booking channels.
- Hotel Excellence! training program – Marriott’s self paced training program designed to maximize travel agents’ success in hotel
bookings. The program is now offered online in eight languages other than English and has
certified over 125,000 travel agents worldwide.
- Marriott’s Fam-Tastic Program offering Hotel Excellence! graduates exclusive familiarization rates ranging from
US$49-109 at over 2,600 hotels worldwide.
- Marriott’s Preferred Travel Agency Program offers preferred commission status and special benefits for participating travel agencies.
other recent news regarding: