Cruises is launching two Mind, Body & Spirit cruises this December.
programming incorporates lectures, classes and workshops given by leading experts and instructors from The Cleveland Clinic, Tai Chi
Cultural Institute and the line’s exclusive Walk on Water program. The Mind, Body & Spirit focus is set for Crystal Symphony’s December 7
South America voyage from Los Angeles to Valparaiso, Chile and Crystal Serenity’s December 12 Panama Canal
cruise from Miami to Caldera, Costa Rica.
“Our guests are active and inquisitive individuals looking to continue their healthy lifestyles while on vacation,”
Mazloum, Crystal’s vice president, hotel operations. “The sophisticated programming on the Mind, Body & Spirit cruises allows them to learn about
the latest developments in health, fitness and well-being from top experts.”
The guest experts will cover topics from medical treatment and prevention, to spiritual healing and growth through tai chi and yoga, to the
physical and mental fulfillment of strenuous exercise. They include:
Crystal Symphony – “South American Sojourn”
• Donald Malone, M.D.: The Cleveland Clinic instructor and staff psychiatrist will speak about wellness in relation to mind, body and spirit;
• John McMichan, M.D.: Mayo Clinic staff physician specializing in Critical Care Medicine, Anesthesiology and Medical Education;
• Dr. Martin Lee and Emily Lee: Dr. Lee, a Sanford University physicist and his wife founded the Tai Chi Cultural Center in 1974, utilizing a
pioneering approach to understand Tai Chi, health and the self;
• Debbie Rocker: Founder of Crystal’s exclusive Walk on Water program featuring the
WALKVEST Training System, revolutionizing walking by adding weight resistance;
• Richard Deutsch, - Author of One Best Hike: Yosemite’s Half Dome, Deutsch has inhabited every continent, hiking his way through some of the most challenging areas of the world; and
• Cathy L. Greenberg, PhD: Dr. Greenberg delivers time-tested “happiness tips” and is the author What Happy Women Know, What Happy Companies Know; What Happy Parents Know and What Happy Leaders Know.
Crystal Serenity – “Caribbean Jewels”
Karras: Author of the bestseller The Business Plan for the Body Karras is also a fitness contributor on ABC’s Good Morning America;
• Leslie Cho, M.D.: Director of The Cleveland Clinic’s Women’s cardiovascular center, Cho specializes in heart disease in women;
• Sandra Shaner:
Certified by the Yoga Institute and a Registered Yoga Teacher with the Yoga Alliance, Shaner has been teaching yoga for
more than 10 years;
• Mollie Epstein:
Epstein oversees Crystal’s exclusive Walk on Water program featuring The
WALKVEST Training System; and
Jeff Corbett: Corbett, a member of the Tai Chi Cultural Center will conduct workshops utilizing Dr. Lee and Emily Lee’s unique approach to
Shoreside, Crystal is offering several opportunities for guests to expand their healthful horizons with Crystal Adventures shore excursions
catering to its wellness-minded guests. A kayaking Eco-Adventure in Cabo San Lucas, a hike through Caldera’s tropical rainforest and
“power” snorkeling in Grand Turk all challenge the body and mind, while a day’s retreat to a tranquil resort and spa in St. Barts
will help soothe the mind and body.
The Crystal Spa is
one of the first floating spas to implement the principles of Feng Shui. The luxury line also recently launched “Tour de Spin,” a complimentary indoor cycling program that mirrors stages of
the Tour de France. Crystal ships boast 360-degree promenade decks, ideal for walking and jogging, as well as paddle tennis courts.
Guests can choose from a bounty of fresh fruit and fish, creative and healthful salads, low-calorie and low-carb meals and trans fat-free
dining experiences. Even the cocktail menus include only the freshest fruit purees and juices.
Cruise fares for Crystal Symphony’s 15-day South America itinerary begin at US$3,450; Crystal Serenity’s 12-day Panama Canal voyage
begins at US$3,550, per person, double occupancy.
other recent news regarding: