ASIA Travel Tips.com

 

Hertz UAE reports AED1 million in Overseas Car Rental Reservations in June and July

Search ASIA Travel Tips .com Latest Travel News Send to Friend Monday, 4 August 2008

Hertz UAE has reported AED1 million in overseas car rental reservations during June and again in July, doubling sales in May and accounting for a quarter of all overseas reservations for this year to date.

The 100% increase in sales in June and July coincides with the high travelling season, with 95% of reservations booked for destinations across Europe. The UK was the most popular destination, accounting for 40% of bookings, followed by Germany (20%), Switzerland (15%), France and Austria (10%).

While 30% of the reservations were made by Hertz’s corporate customers, the remaining 70% of bookings were made by individuals looking for transportation in an overseas destination.

UAE residents looking to escape the summer heat can save 20–30% by making a reservation in advance and have a car ready for them at their chosen overseas location upon arrival.

“Our biggest period for overseas reservations is between May and August, and we anticipate even greater sales results for this month. December and January is another busy overseas reservation season, when expatriates go home for the holidays,” said Roshan Mohamed, Head of the International Reservations Team, Hertz UAE.

“Customers wanting to make international reservations will find the process simple and efficient. A vehicle can be booked in one phone call and customers are given an e-voucher for vehicle collection, accepted at all Hertz counters world wide where pre-paid vouchers are applicable,” Mohamed added.

Hertz has also partnered with Abu Dhabi Commercial Bank (ADCB), offering platinum and gold cardholders discounted pre-paid international reservation rates, at participating Hertz outlets around the world.

The ADCB deal, which runs until 31 December 2008, gives platinum cardholders on business trips exclusive access to the Hertz Gold Scheme, providing fast car rental service and a range of other benefits at over 40 airports in 23 countries across four continents, without the need for e-vouchers. Gold service allows customers to collect their car immediately from a participating airport’s weather-protected Hertz #1 Club Gold rental area, without any queuing or paperwork.

See other recent news regarding: Airlines, Aviation, Flights, HotelsPromotions, New Hotels, Hertz, UAE

Subscribe to our Latest Travel News Daily Email Free of Charge by simply entering your email address above, or return to the Latest Travel News Asia main page to see all the latest headlines. You can also stay updated with our RSS Feed Free Travel News RSS Feed and even add the travel news to your website. Have questions? Please read our travel news FAQ.
     
Exclusive HD video interview with the General Manager of The Ritz-Carlton, Bali, Mr. Karim Tayach. In this HD video interview, filmed on the side lines of the AAPA Assembly of Presidents at  The Ritz-Carlton, Bali, we sat down with Ilya Gutlin President, Asia Pacific of SITA to learn more about the company and the future of air travel. Exclusive HD video interview with Mr. Luc Bollen, General Manager of The Park Lane Hong Kong, a Pullman Hotel.
The Ritz-Carlton, Bali Future of Aviation The Park Lane Hong Kong
A very brief glimpse into one woman's amazing journey sailing from California to Terengganu in Malaysia Exclusive HD video interview with Air Macau's Chairman of the Board and President of Executive Committee, Mr. Zheng Yan Exclusive HD video interview with the General Manager of the JW Marriott Hotel Macau, Mr. Brian Tong.
Sailing from California to Malaysia Air Macau's Chairman JW Marriott Macau
This HD video tour of Thai AirAsia X's brand new 337-seat Airbus A330-300 aircraft was filmed at Don Mueang Airport in Bangkok, Thailand on 14 May 2014 Exclusive HD video interview with Mr Wayne Mak, Managing Director of Rhombus International Hotels Group HD video of the interior and exterior of a Thai Vietjet Airbus A320-200.
Thai AirAsia X A330-300 Rhombus Int. Hotels Group Thai Vietjet A320-200
Inside Qatar Airways Boeing 787-8 Dreamliner - HD Video It takes 800 workers between 65 and 80 days to assemble, install, test, paint, furnish and deliver an Emirates Airbus A380. Showers, Bars, Lounge - The Emirates Airbus A380 Has Them All - HD Video Tour Thai Airways International Takes Delivery of Brand New Boeing 777-300ER
Qatar Airways B787 Emirates A380 Thai Airways B777-300ER

Latest Travel News
Advertising
Advertising

 
Copyright © 1997-2016 ASIATravelTips.com/TravelNewsAsia.com