The opening of five new Novotels - in China, Vietnam, Malaysia and India
- in less than two months has established Asia Pacific as the growth region for Accor’s most established brand. The five new hotels
have extended the Novotel network to 86 hotels in Asia Pacific. The new hotels are:
Novotel Beijing Sanyaun
- The hotel opened recently in the city’s downtown area opposite the new Airport Express
station. It is the fourth Novotel in Beijing and 14th in China.
Novotel Halong Bay
- the first international hotel in Halong Bay opened in October, in the city centre adjacent to the pier where cruise boats
depart for tours of the UNESCO listed World Heritage Area. Each of the hotel’s 214 guest rooms are a harmonious blend of European and Asian
interiors and have stunning vistas.
Novotel Kota Kinabalu
- the second Accor hotel in Sabah, the capital of East Malaysia, opened in September, providing an ideal base for
business and leisure guests. The hotel is set to be popular with visitors coming to climb Mt Kinabalu, observe the orangutans in the natural
habitat or visiting some of the worlds oldest rainforest. Another hotel in East Malaysia – Novotel Kuching – is scheduled to open in 2009.
Novotel Hyderabad Airport
- opened in October, located next to the terminal of Hyderabad’s new international airport (Rajiv
Gandhi). The hotel has extensive facilities including 305 guest rooms and has a diverse range of restaurants, bars and meeting rooms. Novotel
Hyderabad Airport is the second Novotel in India.
- Opened this past weekend (15 November) on Tran Phu Boulevard, opposite the pristine sandy beach. This hotel provides
high-quality leisure facilities including Vous Spa, fitness centre, a swimming pool and the Square Restaurant. All of the hotel’s 154 spacious
rooms with balconies offer panoramic views of Nha Trang Bay. It will be Accor’s fourth Novotel in Vietnam.
The pace of development continues unabated with a further 19 Novotel’s set to open in the coming 2 years. These openings include; Mumbai
and New Delhi in India, Jakarta, Pekanbaru and Lampung in Indonesia, Kuching in Malaysia, Ulan Baatar in Inner Mongolia China, Christchurch
in New Zealand, Taipei in Taiwan China, Bangkok and Phuket in Thailand and Hoi An and Phu Quoc in Vietnam.
Speaking about Novotel in the Asia Pacific
region, Frederic Josenhans – Senior Vice President Global Marketing for Novotel, said, “The region is leading
the way with many of the brand’s innovations such as Green Globe environmental accreditation, guest accommodation enhancements and
technical and construction efficiencies. Novotel throughout the Asia Pacific region will see the implementation of a number of new core offers in
the coming months, extending the reach of the brand and strengthening global
other recent news regarding: