is now inviting Industry stakeholders who have made outstanding contributions to responsibly develop and successfully promote travel and tourism in
Asia Pacific to submit entries to the 2008 PATA Gold Awards programme.
PATA Gold Awards 2008 are open to both PATA members and non-members. The deadline for entries is April 30.
Judged by panels of experts, the Gold Awards recognise exceptional achievement in six broad
1) Marketing Campaign (six Gold Awards and one Grand Award)
2) Environment (three Gold Awards and one Grand Award)
3) Heritage & Culture (two Gold Awards and one Grand Award)
4) Education & Training (one Gold Award and one Grand Award)
5) Marketing Media (nine Gold Awards)
6) Travel Journalism (four Gold Awards)
In total, PATA will present up to 25 PATA Gold Awards and four elite PATA Grand Awards at a special luncheon on September 19, during
the PATA Travel Mart 2008 which will take place in Hyderabad, India.
Highlights of winning entries will be on display at the Mart,
and Award recipients will be featured in the 'Winners'
Showcase' souvenir booklet.
PATA President and CEO Mr Peter de Jong
said, "This year we encourage everyone to submit their entries in soft copy; to reduce
pressures on our environment and to help us engage more international judges."
other recent news regarding: