Qantas Holidays has
launched a series of Gourmet Getaway packages from Australia to Wellington
and the neighbouring wineries, for travel between 1 October this year and 31 March 2008. There are
also special add-on deals, including much sought-after tickets to the annual Toast Martinborough
The Toast Martinborough festival sees thousands of wine and food lovers converge on the boutique
Martinborough wine village for this premier wine and food event, not only for gourmet travellers in
New Zealand but throughout Australasia.
“Toast Martinborough is a wonderful event for food and wine lovers, providing not only a great
opportunity to indulge in their gourmet passion, but to experience this magnificent region of New
Zealand,” said Sarah Peacock, Australia Marketing Manager for Positively Wellington Tourism. “The
event also provides a great opportunity to visit Wellington, which boasts some of the most
talked-about restaurants in the nation.”
The Wellington / Wairarapa Gourmet Getaway packages are offered as land-only deals, enabling travellers to choose the most suitable
Qantas flights to and from Wellington. Visitors can book three nights for the price of two from just $120 per person.
And for an additional $55 per person …. experience New Zealand’s premier wine, food and music festival, Toast Martinborough, on Sunday
18 November 2007.
There are two core holiday deals on offer.
For those seeking a short break in Wellington, Qantas Holidays offers :
• Three nights for the price of two from just $120 per person, staying at the centrally located, 3 Star Mercure Hotel.
• Extra nights from just $60 per person, or
• Upgrade to the 4-Star Novotel Hotel Capital in Wellington from $135 per person.
• There is also an optional Great Sights city tour of Wellington from $57 per person.
For visitors keen to experience more of Wellington and the neighbouring wine regions, there are four night stay-and-drive packages priced
from $586 per person, including:
• Two nights accommodation at the 4 Star Novotel Hotel capital in Wellington
• Two nights accommodation at the 4 ½ Star Peppers Martinborough Hotel and
• Four days Hertz Group B car hire, plus
• The option of a Zest Food Tours Walking Gourmet Tour from $197 per person, or a Flat Earth New Zealand Martinborough Wine Tour from
$270 per person.
other recent news regarding: