will open the airline’s newest and fifth ‘The Lounge’ at Canberra
Airport on Friday. The new lounge joins Adelaide, Brisbane, Melbourne and Sydney as Virgin Blue ‘The Lounge’ destinations and will
provide travellers with a sleek, all-inclusive lounge facility when travelling with Virgin Blue from the
The new lounge is located in the Departure area next to Gate 5 at Canberra Airport with panoramic
270 degree views of the runway and surrounding countryside. Access is available to annual
Members of The Lounge, Corporate Plus fare holders, and Velocity Gold Tier Members and their
guest. Single visit entry is also available for passengers travelling with Virgin Blue for
Benefits for members and
passengers visiting the Canberra Lounge for
business or pleasure include:
- Business facilities, including meeting rooms, state-of-the art personal computers in a dedicated and private workstation area, and
complementary WiFi access throughout.
- Relaxing lounge environment, with plenty of lounging space, integrated work areas and Foxtel TV.
- Barista service, providing coffee all day, along with premium teas.
- Gourmet snacks and fresh menu items available throughout the day.
- A selection of beer and Australian wines available from 11am.
- Convenient check-in facilities are also available in The Lounge for
passengers travelling without checked baggage.
The airline has redeveloped the former Ansett lounge facility located airside which features generous floor space and can comfortably cater
for more than 150 Guests at any one time, allowing for future growth in Virgin Blue flight frequency.
other recent news regarding: