Passengers on Qantas international flights from Australia
can now choose from a selection of healthier choice meals, with Qantas becoming
one of the first licensees of the National Heart Foundation of Australia’s new Tick for meals eaten out.
Qantas Group General Manager Customer Product and Service, Ms Lesley Grant, said
Qantas was the first airline in the world to provide third party approval of its healthier
choice meal options.
“Achieving the Heart Foundation Tick of approval requires our meals to meet the most
stringent nutrition and quality standards.
“We are committed to providing a variety of quality, healthy meals for our customers, which
is why we have been working with the Heart Foundation as a trial partner since 2004,” Ms
“All of our Tick meals have been independently tested to meet strict standards for serve
size, saturated fat, salt and vegetable content.
“Our initial offering of six Tick approved meals is available to all International Economy
customers travelling from Australia.”
Tick approved meals are clearly identified on inflight menus and with specially labelled
The meals include:
• Chicken with Pesto and Tomato, Roast Potatoes and Steamed Vegetables
• Braised Beef with Fennel and Sage, Pumpkin Mash and Broccoli
• Steamed Fish with Green Pea and Mint Puree, Potato and Vegetables
• Mediterranean Style Chicken with Steamed Vegetables
• Chicken Korma with Pilaf Rice
• Chicken with Oyster Sauce, Jasmine Rice and Asian Vegetables
other recent news regarding: