Costa Cruises, a subsidiary of Carnival Corporation & plc based in Italy,
has launched the maiden voyage of its Costa Allegra cruise ship from Hong Kong to Sanya in Hainan, China and Halong Bay, Vietnam. The cruise ship is fitted with 400 rooms and can carry up to 1,000 passengers.
The cruise operator plans for Costa Allegra to make six monthly round-trip tours of new China-Vietnam route from Hong Kong between
November 2006 and end of April 2007. Prices start from HK$3799, for the 5-night journey
including meals, stateroom accommodations, on-board activities, and world class entertainment.
“We are very excited to offer travelers in Asia this vacation alternative – a leisure cruise redolent with European flair. It’s a deluxe Italian
accommodation at sea and we offer this to guests at great value” said Massimo Brancaleoni the Vice President of Costa Cruises Pacific Asia
Costa Cruises entered the Asian market in July 2006 with the Costa Allegra operating round-trip voyages from Shanghai. To date, guests from
Mainland China, HK, Taiwan and the rest of Asia region have enjoyed the Costa cruise vacation departing from Shanghai.
The Costa Allegra has undergone a multi-million-dollar renovation to create an on-board product specifically tailored to the preferences of Asian
vacationers but with a strong international flair. Passengers on Costa Allegra enjoy facilities including four restaurants with various western and
oriental cuisines, Spa and Gym center, a theatre and other entertainments such as discos and dancing. Shopping-lovers also find famous Italian
and European brands and Italian-made souvenirs at a shopping arcade.
“We have grand surprises for guests on board. They will cruise the authentic Italian style abundant of delicious food, melodically music and
endless entertainment activities. We are committed to providing families, honeymooners, couples and friends with memories of an exciting, fun,
relax and romantic trip at a reasonable price,” Massimo said.
Highlights of the Costa Allegra Cruise to Sanya and Halong Bay are:
• From 7 November, enjoy the live show of the 3rd China Charm Models Contest Grand Final.
• From 12 November, Italian Michelin star chef Ettore Bocchia will whip up culinary delights, particularly pasta dishes and desserts, from his
• From 17 November, enjoy Yangcheng lake crabs with culinary experts onboard, sharing tips on how to eat this renowned Shanghai
• From 22 November, attend a red wine tasting session. Experts will be onboard to provide tips on how to select the best red wines in the cellar.
• From 27 November, famous pianist Kong Xiang-Dong and Italian vocalist Ugo Paliotto will provide unparalleled entertainment onboard for your
other recent news regarding: