Shangri-La Hotels and
Resorts is to launch a global eBay charity auction to benefit Care for
Children on June 7, 2006 at 7 AM (Hong Kong time).
Shangri-La hotels have created 14 exclusive luxury travel experiences with a combined retail value of over US$100,000 for the 10-day online
auction, which will end June 17.
The hotel group is donating money raised to Care for Children through
eBay Giving Works. Established in 1998, Care for Children works in partnership with local and national governments in China to establish
foster care programmes.
The auction packages feature metropolitan destinations such as Hong Kong, Beijing, Shanghai, Bangkok, Sydney, Singapore and New Delhi as well as romantic resort locales such as Borneo, Oman and Fiji. “Journey
to Shangri-La” luxury packages have a retail value up to US$20,300.
Each luxury escape provides exceptional experiences – some one-of-a-kind.
Shangri-La experiences include:
- Dinner for four persons in Hong Kong’s Van Cleef & Arpels boutique
with an exclusive preview of high jewellery pieces
-Six-night stay in a Kowloon Shangri-La Specialty Suite with complimentary use of Horizon Club lounges and 15-minute helicopter ride
above Victoria Harbour
- Parasailing above the Deep Sea Lagoon in Fiji
- A dolphin and whale watching tour off Oman’s shores
- A climb to the summit of Sydney Harbour Bridge
- A gourmet meal served atop the Great Wall of China
- A personal concierge shopping assistant in Bangkok
- Sunset dinner cruise on the Singapore River aboard a private yacht
- A private dinner in the highly exclusive and VIP access-only dining room at the Great Hall of the People in Beijing
- A private dinner and viewing of art at Shanghai’s chic Art Scene Gallery
- A guided excursion with a ranger at the Orang Utan Nature Reserve in Borneo
Care for Children has a “vision for a million” abandoned and orphaned children to be in long-term foster care by 2010. The nonprofit has helped place more than 31,000 children in foster homes in China and is a registered charity in the U.S., U.K. and China.
Shangri-La became Care for Children’s
corporate partner in 2005. The group is leveraging its substantial network, providing financial assistance
through guest donation programmes, sponsoring venues for the charity’s events and workshops,
and launching a series of grassroots initiatives through 2006.
make a bid go to: http://www.shangri-la.com/cfc_auction
other recent news regarding: