Mandarin Oriental Dhara Dhevi, Chiang Mai, has launched a new Wellness
Retreat, designed to offer guests the chance to relax,
rejuvenate and reconnect.
Available from August 2008 through February 2009, “Reconnecting with Your Inner-Self” is
a six-day/seven-night retreat devised
by the hotel’s Director of Wellness, Jennifer Simms, that will incorporate group workshops, one-on-one sessions, specialised treatments,
healthy spa cuisine, local cultural events and daily wellness activities such as yoga, meditation, tai chi, mantra chanting and spiritual
The Reconnecting with Your Inner-Self Wellness Retreat is scheduled for 28 August to 3 September, and will be facilitated by Dr Petra
Muller-Rupprecht MD, a renowned general practitioner and specialist in psychosomatic medicine and psychotherapy, whose experience
has been gained from many years studying and practicing in Europe.
“It is my deepest wish to connect body, mind and spirit, integrating all my knowledge from all different levels of my studies. When a human
being understands himself deeply he is able to create his unique path to fulfil life at its best,” explains Dr
Muller-Rupprecht studied in Erlangen and Munich and has significant experience in psychoanalysis and homeopathy. After her clinical
years she maintained a private practice near Munich for 15 years focusing on holistic medicine. Relocating to Italy in 1999, she developed
her own coaching concept using tools acquired during intensive private studies into Eastern and Western philosophies, astrology and
shamanism. Today she specialises in psychological and spiritual coaching for various purposes pertaining to life-changing situations,
chronic or acute diseases and personal crisis. This she carries out in English, German and Italian.
The Reconnecting with Your Inner-Self Wellness Retreat includes:
• 6 nights accommodation in a luxurious Colonial Suite (Single occupancy)
• Welcome cocktail reception
• Daily breakfast and lunch
• Daily wellness activities with the options of yoga, meditation/pranayama breathing, tai chi, spiritual exercises
• Off-site excursion to an ancient forest temple for guided group meditation
• 90-minute personal session with Dr Muller-Rupprecht (psychological and spiritual coaching)
• 80-minute inner flow therapy session
• 80-minute traditional Thai massage
• 50-minute shirobhyanga (ancient Indian head massage)
• 80-minute aromatherapy massage
• 80-minute Chinese hand and foot reflexology
• Group workshops/discussions on How to Create Your Own Reality: Self-Responsibility and Individual Goal Setting; Self-Limiting Belief Systems and How To Overcome Them; and Achieving Life Balance
The Reconnecting with Your Inner-Self Wellness Retreat is priced at THB 99,900 plus 18.5% taxes and service charge.
other recent news regarding: